This is a two or three day mini unit that would be a great addition to a cultural unit about Colombia, or a unit about sports, in this case, cycling.
Carlos Vives has recorded a song to call attention to the importance of cyclists in Colombia and to pay homage to some of the world famous Colombian cyclists. It has been beautifully filmed in the Colombian countryside with the people, especially children, of Choachí, Colombia. The music soars and cannot help but make you smile.
Included in this packet:
• Pre reading questions
• A lectura for Carlos Vives
• A lectura for the importance of bicycles y ciclistas famosos de Colombia
• Links to articles and videos that complement the readings
• A lectura for the song
• Two separate activities for use prior to listening to or watching the video
• Two additional activities for use with the first 1:15 of the video
• A basic cloze with an extension activity
• Four pages of clips from the video with suggested extensions, if desired
• The complete lyrics for the song
• Citations for all pictures; pictures are from Google listed as “free to use or share, even commercially. Additionally, all links are included with each picture.