Carmela and her brother walk through their town while on their way to do some laundry. On the way, Carmela finds a dandelion and learns that she can make a wish. Carmela is not sure what to wish for - there are so many possibilities.
This delightful story about family is perfect to share in your elementary library or classroom. This Newbery ad Caldecott winning author and illustrator of Last Stop on Market Street, Matt De La Pena and Christian Robinson, have paired once again to make this beautiful picture book.
I have created 24 extension activities for this title.
- Cover Page
- Cover Story Pre-Reading Activity
- Making Connections Before Reading
- Let’s Take a Picture Walk (2 Activities)
- Comprehension Questions and Answer Key
- Compare and Contrast
- Story Map
- Main Character Portrait
- All About Carmela
- Design a Postcard
- Making Connections: Text to Self
- Making Connections: Text to Text
- Making Connections: Text to World
- What Do You Think? Writing Activity
- What is the Lesson?
- Happy Birthday, Carmela!
- Three Wishes
- Cover Art (Design a New Cover)
- 3-2-1 Summarizing Activity
- Word Search
- Book Review (3 Options – Only Writing, Only Drawing, Combination of Writing and Drawing)