Also included in
- Teaching for proficiency doesn't have to eat up your weekends and your prep time in your comprehensible Spanish classroom. Get all the essentials you need for distance learning to teach Hispanic culture, high-frequency verbs, and Spanish 1 vocabulary in one place and get back to teaching with compre$97.70$122.12Save $24.42
Take your Spanish students on a virtual field trip experience to the Dominican Republic with this vibrant distance learning digital carnaval celebration! This exciting interactive resource connects comprehensible input strategies to real-life intercultural competence and travel vocabulary. Let your students discover the famous festival of Carnival through authentic voices of locals and expert tourists! With over 30 links to videos and articles in Spanish, your culture unit on travel, beaches, the Caribbean, Afro-Latinx Identity, women;s history, or the Dominican Republic will come to life with real-life and meaningful language.
This task-based project allows students to explore the culinary, musical, and natural wonders of la República Dominicana through Google Earth™ and Youtube via Google Slides™, but is compatible with all digital platforms, such as Canvas, Schoology, and Microsoft Teams.
Author's note: Every place, beach, city, festival, and tourist attraction mentioned are places I've personally been - this is where I studied abroad (at PUCMM), and Santiago de los Caballeros during Carnaval is a special place in my Spanish teacher heart!
It includes short Spanish travel guides, short authentic videos and articles, and an explanation of the cultural perspective behind many modern tourist attractions like Playa Sosua and Carnaval, plus some local gems - all in a
This is a comprehensible input digital resource with reading, writing, and interactive culture activities that pair perfectly with a travel or culture unit in Spanish, from Level 1-3. It's LOW-Prep and completely self-paced, perfect for remote learning!
This resource for Google Slides™ and Google Classroom™ is a multi-day interactive tool for Spanish high-frequency verbs and in present tense for Spanish 1 or Spanish 2 students. It also has a complete library of authentic Spanish videos, perfect for level 3 classes,
- A high frequency vocab presentation in Google Forms™ with over 30 authentic videos and articles
- 30 slides of activities and links
- Beautiful photos from the region
- comprehensible input focused presentation of new vocab
- Repetition of key structures
- Intro to Carnaval traditions and video footage of multiple Carnaval cities
- A celebration of identity and women's history in the DR
- In-depth tour of the beaches and music scene of the Dominican, both tourist and local
- A special focus on Julia Alvarez and Las Hermanas Mirabal
- Spanish-speaking tourists and locals of the Dominican give recommendations for key locations: food, museums, hotels, restaurants, waterfalls, and the best beaches
- Emphasis on the importance of native music forms Bachata and Merengue
- Complete Carnaval behind-the-scenes look at multiple regions & famous characters
- Math and Spanish Project: budget-based travel itinerary for 3 different scenarios
- Self-paced individual activities over multiple days : perfect for distance learning
- 5-7 days of material
Love this resource? Save 20% on more like it in the Spanish 1 Curriculum Kit for CI Teachers
Follow my TpT store by clicking the green star above to be the first to find out about sales & events!
Read More on the Blog
You can read more about how I use comprehensible input in my high school world language classes at my blog-become a subscriber to receive the ultimate guide to all things teaching in 2020 - the World Language Teacher Toolkit!
I'm here to support you through Distance Learning. What type of resource do you need?
FREE - Introduce Spanish High-Frequency Verbs:
Get your lesson planning + self care dialed in:
Bring the party virtually - Confetti not included :)
Save big on current and future digital lessons: