Included in this 40 page package are games and lessons designed for junior/intermediate FSL students, which center around vocabulary associated with Quebec’s Winter Carnaval and focus on inviting, accepting and refusing an invitation.
Included in the package:
1) A vocabulary list for both “les invitations” and Carnaval
2) An oral class activity – chaîne parlée – where students will hear
multiple invitations and students must listen to hear the invitation
which matches their response
3) An oral partner game – battleship – where students can practice
various ways to invite a friend to do something
4) An oral partner game “Vilain Minion”, where students will
practice simple invitations and risk their points to try again. (This
can also be played as a whole class activity if you create full page
cards, or project the cards onto a screen.)
5) An oral partner activity “Info Gap”, where students will ask their
partner if they are ‘free’ at a given time and invite them to do an
6) A small group oral activity where students will use the visual cues
to invite a group member, and move along the game board
These games and lessons are listed in order from most structured (teacher led) to most unstructured (student led) to help students build confidence with the vocabulary and tasks.
Additional games related to Carnaval de Québec are also available in my TPT store.
• cherchez les paires (spot it)
• chaîne parlée (qui a...) avoir, être, faire