Need visuals, strategies, and activities to help teach Saint-Saens' "The Carnival of the Animals"? This comprehensive 120-page unit includes:
*"Follow Me" beat activity to "Fossils": appropriate for grades K-2
* "Fossils" beat visuals for beat-tracking, appropriate for grades K-1 (comes in color and in black/white)
* Aquarium movement activity: 25 printable color aquarium sheets with different sea creatures, with movement directions on each, 25 printable black and white aquarium sheets with movement directions on each, appropriate for grades 1-5
* Rhythmic ostinato activity and flashcards: Includes directions for reading flashcards as an ostinato to "Fossils." 4 dinosaur-themed flashcards are included for each of the following rhythmic concepts: ta and ti-ti, quarter rest, tika-tika, half note, ti-tika, tika-ti, syncopa, tim-ka, tam-ti
* "Fossils" listening lesson slideshow: Has students read the rhythm of the theme and move creatively for the other sections. Great for students who are familiar with ti-tika. Comes in PDF and Google Slides, so it can be used with distance learning.
* "Cuckoo" listening lesson slideshow: Has students sing and listen to the interval mi-do, as well as listen to which animal plays the cuckoo's call. Great for students practicing do.
* Worksheet with information about Saint-Saens and the Carnival of the Animals; students answer questions from the reading. Appropriate for grades 2 and above.
* "Carnival of the Animals" slideshow: Each slide is about a different piece/ animal, with a question about the piece as well as a link to a video with that piece. Please note, you will need access to You Tube in order for the links to work. Appropriate for grades 1 and above. Comes in PDF and Google Slides, so it can be used with distance learning.
* Bulletin board visuals including picture of Saint-Saens as well as pictures of several of the animals in the pieces and a title page.
* Additional picture of Saint-Saens
* Carnival of the Animals worksheet : Has students draw a picture of which animal they think each piece is about, and then write the actual title. This is similar to a worksheet included in my Singing with a Sub set.
Download the preview for more information.
Looking for more listening lesson sets? Try these:
Please rate this product, and follow me for product updates and freebies. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com. Thanks for looking!