Carrier phrases are a proven effective way to expand any child's expressive language. This product is particularly helpful for visual learners. With clear Boardmaker images attached to each phrase, this product can be used for readers and non-readers alike. It is a highly successful tool for early intervention up to school-age children who need some extra help expanding their Mean Length of Utterances (MLU).
This product also comes with sample routines to use the phrases, along with scripts for the adult prompt. Also included, are Routines and Social Scripts Cards. These are perfect for attaching to your key-ring as a reminder of the routine you are focusing on. Or share with teachers, para's, and parents to help facilitate carryover to different natural settings! Send one card home per week/ month as a homework and to encourage generalization.
- Print the phrases on cardstock or laminate so it will last forever!
- Punch a hole at the end of each carrier phrase card and attach it
to a key-ring
- Attach to a lanyard and wear around your neck so you can whip out
the best phrase for natural language opportunities across the day
- Use each carrier phrase across different settings and
activities to help facilitate carryover
- As soon as your student/child becomes consistent using
the phrase in one setting, fade the visual prompt
- From here on, use it only initially when introducing it in a new
setting or activity
This product includes:
-18 different Boardmaker carrier phrases
- Sample routines to use the phrases along with scripts for the adult prompt
- Routines and Social Scripts cards