Spring time is the best time to teach or review contractions! You will find a variety of spring themed activities in this pack to master understanding, reading and writing contractions. Students will have a blast changing words into contractions using "carrot apostrophes"!
See preview for visuals of all included! All activities in color and also available in printer friendly black & white.
Activities to BUILD mastery of contractions:
★ Level 1 - Teach, Read, Sort
* Posters to explain what contractions are and how an apostrophe is used
* Read & Sort: Students sort contractions by the 2nd word used (not, have, are, will, would, is)
★ Level 2 - Contraction Hunt
* Over 30 Easter Egg puzzles for students to match two words with their corresponding contraction - Puzzle pieces could also be put in plastic eggs!
* Recording page to record contraction matches
* Reading passage to find, circle and write contractions found.
* Read & Hunt: Students read and record contractions from books they can read
★ Level 3 - Cutting Up Contractions
Similar to "contraction surgery", except with carrots! Students cut out the letters needed to change the two given words into a contraction. They glue a carrot (as an apostrophe) to take the place of the missing letters.
* Extra large teacher demonstration words and carrots
* Large versions of words to practice with partners or groups
* Smaller version for independent practice
* "Garden of Contractions" page for students to glue their newly made contractions
★ Level 4 - Carrot Contractions Game Board
“Show What You Know” Time! Students prove their mastery by identifying either the contraction or the two words that make the contraction on the space they land. Recording pages included.
Buying this product gives you ONE license (only one person can use). If you're buying for you and your team, simply add additional licenses when you check out for 50% off a piece! Thank you!
FB: Duguid for First