Cartesian Planes & Coordinates
Included are a series of tasks designed to build student’s understanding and problem solving when using Cartesian planes and coordinates.
Depending on student’s prior knowledge, some tasks will require higher levels of student support and scaffolding than others. Once you have introduced students to Cartesian planes and coordinates, you may wish to direct some students to particular tasks, independent students may self-select tasks they are interested in.
Included in this pack:
* Using Coordinates (a scaffold to introduce students to using coordinates, or for students who may struggle with negative numbers)
* Blank ‘Using Coordinates’ grid
* Cartesian Coordinate System (AusVELS definition – enlarge to A3 and display)
* Cartesian Planes & Coordinates (an introduction)
* Cartesian Initials
* Cartesian Battleships
* Cartesian Designs
* Blank Cartesian planes (2x sizes)
Extension activities (using blank Cartesian planes):
* Make a ‘dot to dot’ picture – giving only the coordinates to draw the picture
* Make a map, give the coordinates of the path to follow to find the hidden treasure