Engage and assess student understanding of the Distance between 2 points in Cartesian Coordinates
with this versatile set of task cards. Skip the worksheet...but still get the practice. One set of cards has two points. The other set of cards has solutions. Students match the solution to the problem card through games such as scavenger hunts and concentration. Interactive notebook sized cards, regular task card sides, and answer key included.
NOTE: These cards are not for using the distance formula or Pythagorean theorem. All of the distances are determined by horizontal and vertical distance calculations.
Also available in a $$ saving Cartesian Coordinate Bundle of Notes, Practice and Project
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center with other cartesian coordinate activities
- Host a cartesian coordinate scavenger hunt
- Play a whole class game of cartesian coordinate matching
- Play the classic game of concentration using cartesian coordinate cards.
A great addition to your 6th grade math review and practice
and for differentiation. Intermix with other integer activities for a deeper understanding.
Included in this ready to use set of cards:
- Teacher directions for multiple ways to use
- 12 problem cards and 12 matching solution cards
- A student answer sheet
- A complete answer key
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.