Cartesian Coordinates: Map Distances and Coordinates Mini-Project
is a mini-adventure that applies Cartesian map distances. Students first “travel” with their pirate companion. Students determine the path they will take, record distances and “sights” as they travel building a travel log. Students then create their own adventure and map. A big hit with students!
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center with other cartesian coordinate and map distance activities
- Differentiate by providing to individual students
- Use as an assessment. How well do students understand how to identify coordinates on a Cartesian system and use these coordinates to determine distances?
For extra practice and assessment, you can have students use task cards for a scavenger hunt such as:
- Cartesian Coordinates: Practice and Review
- Cartesian Coordinates: Find the Distance
A great addition to your middle school math curriculum
and for differentiation.
This guide includes:
- Teacher guide
- Student handouts for engaging in activity
- Student handouts for creating their own adventure
Also available in a $$ saving Cartesian Coordinate Bundle of Notes, Practice and Project
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like:
- Rational vs. Irrational Numbers: 3 kinesthetic activities
- Rational and Irrational number activity bundle
- Secondary Math and Art Projects: Show students the "fun" of math with this 245 page, 9 project bundle with fun math such as tessellations, fibonacci spirals, statistics with Mondrian, and more (CCSS)
- Problem Solving: secondary math puzzlers - great for bell-ringers, time fillers, and challenges of the week
Coming soon…Algebra Puzzlers, Applying Statistics: A statistics research project, Real-world math projects, and more.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.