Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
38.08 MB | 24 pages
When the Mudville Nine are almost certain to lose the game, Mighty Casey takes his turn at bat, and the fans hold their breath as each pitch is thrown. The upbeat, jazzy music performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra is highlighted by cheering crowds, vendors hawking their wares, the cheers of spectators and the sounds of the ball being hit, which bring the story to life. The enclosed 24-page PDF book contains the complete Ernst Lawrence Thayer poem, amazing facts about baseball, sheet music, games and puzzles! This album was the recipient of a Parent's Choice Silver Award and includes a Suzuki tango play-along, “In a Cabin in a Wood” song, and "Flight of the Rabbit", as a story in music in less than 3 minutes!
1. Casey at the Bat - The complete poem is set to a jaunty, rollicking score.
2. About the Poem - Learn about the poet, a young unknown journalist, and how the poem became famous.
3. The Casey March - The Michigan State University Band plays the Casey March.
4. In a Cabin in a Wood - The composer describes the relationship between music and woods.
5. Flight of the Rabbit - Learn how music can tell a story without words.
6. Casey a la Suzuki - The march is transformed into a Suzuki-style piece performed by young violinists.
7. Maestro Talks about the Music - Discover how a composer creates a musical score.
8. Now That You Know a Little More ... - Listen again to see how much more you hear in the music.
9. Want to Have Some Fun? - Get Ready to play.
10. The Casey Tango Play Along Part 1/ Part 2 - Play the Suzuki version of "The Casey March".