Castle Unit: Castle graphic organizers, craft, science experiment, writing prompts, finger puppets, word search, shield and flag templates.
1. Do a kwl on castles.
2. Read several fiction and non-fiction castle and fairy tale books.
3. Record facts and questions on kwl chart as you go.
4. Compare castle life and castle jobs with those of today. (Use pages provided to compare and contrast as well as describe the jobs)
5. Role play castle life in centers.
6. Use graphic organizers and writing prompts to create non-fiction and fiction writing on castles.
7. Make catapults using items such as rulers, Popsicle sticks, tongue depressors, rubber bands, boxes, etc. encourage students to be creative and experiment.
8. Build castles out of blocks, building blocks, etc and have a battle with the catapults (launch marshmallows or crumpled pieces of paper). Draw and design your own castle.
9. Write about your experience.
10. Create a castle mural where students draw and labels parts of the castle.
11. Use included pattern to create drawbridge craft.
12. Make a class book on castles.
13. Design your own shield and/or flag with templates.
You may also be interested in
Opinion Writing - Wolf, Little Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs
Jack and the Beanstalk
LET'S STAY CONNECTED: Facebook