Cat Dissection - 3-D Paper Anatomy Model - Science Interactive Notebook - for biology and life science
This 3-D cat dissection model
can be used as a dissection-free cat exploration, a pre-dissection study tool, or even as a summative assessment for comparative anatomy. Students will be able to identify and explain the structure and function of the internal and external anatomy of the cat.
This 4-5 day lesson includes:
• 36 PowerPoint slides with bell work, instructions and embedded answer key to handouts
• Cat Guided reading PDF 40 pages: student friendly reading with descriptions of location, structure and function of each organ
• Cat Template in BLACK LINE AND COLOR
• Use the PowerPoint to color in their table and cat organs
• Use the provided reading about cat anatomy and prior knowledge to determine the function of over 200 cat organs.
• Cut out the cat and its organs
• Glue the cat Scienstructable together using the directions in the PowerPoint
• Use the table and the Scienstructable cat model to learn about cat and vertebrate comparative anatomy
This product is also found in our:
Vertebrate 3-D Paper Model Dissection Bundle
which includes our Cat Dissection Model, Frog Dissection Model
and our Fetal Pig Dissection Model
, as well as a shark, perch, rat, bird, and snake when completed in Spring 2017
If you like this, you might also love our:
• Invertebrate 3-D Paper Model Dissection Bundle
which will include the earthworm
, crayfish, starfish, squid and clam.
• Human Body COMPLETE Bundle
• Human Body Interactive Notebook Activity Bundle
• Human Body Task Cards
• Interactive Notebook Frog Paper Model
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
All rights reserved by Mel and Gerdy. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Cat Dissection 3-D Model © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy, LLC All Rights Reserved