This activity packet provides phonemic and phonetic practice with rhyming words. The included activities can be used for center work, independent work, small group work, differentiated instruction, and parent/child work.
- Student Directions Card for simple matching activity.
- 20 rhyming picture cards – 10 pairs
- 20 rhyming word cards – 10 pairs
(Students can match picture/picture, word/word, or picture/word.)
- 1 set of blank cards for teacher/student programming
- Matching answer key
- 8 task/activity cards
-10 couplets with missing final rhyming word. (cloze)
- Finish the Rhyme recording sheet
- Finish the Rhyme answer key
- Living/Nonliving Sorting Mat
Auditory Cloze - Pass out the picture and word cards or stand them in the chalk ledge. Read the couplets aloud, leaving off the last word. Student who has/identifies the picture or word card which completes the rhyme stands up and shows the card for the class to confirm.
Spelling Sort - Student sorts the rhyming word pairs into 2 categories: pairs with the same rime (bat, cat) or pairs with different rimes (bear, chair).
Graphics & Fonts ©Dianne J. Hook www.djinkers.com License # 0313182445
Play Catch - Rhyming Words
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License