A great unit plan for teaching Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
Catching Fire Chapter Questions
- comprehension questions for every chapter
Catching Fire Discussion Questions
- higher-level questions
- great for generating class discussions
- also great for writing prompts
Catching Fire Vocabulary
- vocabulary for every chapter of Catching Fire
- page references
- answer key
Catching Fire Vocabulary Crossword Puzzles
- vocabulary crossword puzzles for each part of Catching Fire
- three total
- great for review, or can be used as vocabulary quizzes
Catching Fire Puzzles and Games
- Double Puzzles
- Letter Tiles
Morality in Catching Fire
- Students define morality and moral dilemma.
- Students explore various moral dilemmas and write about what they would do in each situation.
- Students examine conflicting interests and moral dilemmas in Catching Fire.
Catching Fire Playlist
- Students design a music playlist for one of the characters in Catching Fire.
Catching Fire Facebook Profile Template
- Students create a facebook profile for a character in Catching Fire using the provided te
- Excellent scaffolding activity before writing a character sketch.
Characterization and Character Types in Catching Fire
- Students identify examples of characterization in Catching Fire.
- Students learn about character types and identify various character types in Catching Fire.
- Character sketch sample.
Quarter Quell Arena Map
- Students create a map of the 75th Hunger Games arena.
Catching Fire Create a Mutation
- Handout with instructions and criteria for create your own mutation assignment.
- Students create a mutation inspired by Catching Fire.
Catching Fire Book Cover
- Students create a book jacket for Catching Fire.
- Handout with instructions and sample provided.
Catching Fire Unit Test
- Comprehensive unit test
- Easy to grade multiple-choice and matching
- Answer Key provided
Standards Alignment Grid
- Chart showing which Common Core State Standards are addressed.
And Much More!