Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Understanding categorization of vocabulary is essential in teaching semantic relationships, and is a skill worked on in speech-language therapy frequently. This bundle of three of my categorization resources provides lots of practice for basic categories and categorizing by descriptors.
Cool language activities: cool language categories
• The categories section of the resource has been separated out for this bundle
• There are:
• 16 categories with 3 members each
Category Catch-Allcategory catch-all
• nine different categorization activities
good for file folder activities or therapy fun
each with a colorful category sorting page and pages of pictures to cut up and sort
one odd-man-out worksheet
This product has been revised and updated 11-2014
Categorize by descriptor: Flower Power Languagecategorize by descriptor
• Assemble the flowers by matching all of the items (petals) that fit the descriptor (center)
• There are 8 petals for each of 24 flower center descriptor
• Make it a cooperative group activity by putting out a set number of centers and have students find the petals to make the flowers
• Make it a game by giving each student the same number of centers and picking from a pile of petals in turn to complete their flower(s)
This contains 3 previously listed products. While the price reflects a savings, you may not want to purchase this bundle if you already own one or more of the original products.