❀ Quick 10+ minute activity that can be used as a pretest, formative assessment, bellringer, etc. For working solo, or with a partner, if it's particularly challenging.
Kids categorize the sub-genre into the main category of fiction, nonfiction, or poetry. And a nice, easy visual way to process genre categories.
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Teaching & Motivating Teens
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Goal-Setting for Teens
End of the Semester Student Evaluation and Goal Setting
Summary, Main Idea, Paraphrasing
1. Differentiated & Fun Lesson in Summarization Skills
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
4. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Language (Grammar, etc.)
Parallel Structure: Five Day Mini-Lessons
Twelve Angry Men In-Class Performance for Middle and High School