Your students will have a blast exercising their French vocabulary while playing this game! It plays like the game Scattergories, but since I can't call it that, I call it "Categorize THIS!".
This game is designed for groups of 3-4 students, but could easily be done with an entire class! This game works best for French 3 or higher. You could easily turn this into a folder game to be used in centers.
How to play:
1. Distribute the lists to each player. Then, choose a list for the first round of play. Choose a letter randomly from the pile, or assign the group a letter.
2. Set the timer for four minutes.
3. Each person should complete his/her list using a word that starts with the letter chosen at random.
4. After four minutes, one person reads his/her list. If another player has that same word written for the same item as the player reading, then both players should cross that word off their list. Therefore, it is important to choose original responses!
5. Repeat step four for the remaining members of the group.
6. For each word that is not crossed off, you receive one point.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for two more lists. The person with the most points after three lists is the winner!
-Six different lists (black and white and color versions) that can be used over and over again with different letters
-Instructions in English and in French so that you can choose which to give to your students
-Reproducible answer sheets (I like to laminate mine and then students can use dry-erase markers)
-Teacher tips sheet
Thank you for purchasing and please remember to leave feedback!