In this activity students will sort financial claims (assets, liabilities, and owner's equity). Students will place the financial claims into a graphic organizer that represents the accounting equation. This activity is great for introducing the accounting equation. I use this activity in my Introduction to Business and Marketing course when we talk about the basics of Accounting.
Included in this product:
• Categorizing Financial Claims (list of assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity)
• Categorizing Financial Claims Graphic
• Categorizing Financial Claims Key
• Glue or Tape
1. Provide students with a Categorizing Financial Claims Graphic and 1 list of financial claims. The page provided has 2 lists per page to minimize copies needed.
2. Students will cut each financial claim out and place in the correct box of the graphic that represents the accounting equation.
3. After each slip has been placed (before allowing students to glue or tape) you should have students check their answers. You can do this individually or as a class.
4. Once students have verified correct placement have them glue or tape the slips into the correct box.
Save $$$ by purchasing this product as part of the Intro to Accounting Bundle (Accounting Equation and Financial Statements)
You may also like these other great resources: Disney Accounting Example
, Financial Statements Accounting Activity
, Food Truck Financial Plan
, or Create a Budget for Catering an Event (Compatible with Food Truck Project)