This categories brainstorm and sentence frames product is ideal for ESL and speech therapy students and teachers. These sentence frame prompts are based on 90 topics, people, and things. Students can brainstorm lists within a given category, make a choice about what they would want to be, brainstorm describing words, support their choice, and create an illustration. In addition to the 90 printables with one category per page, there are 13 pages of sentence frames that can be used for class discussions or brainstorming (7 sentence frames per page).
There is ONLY ONE ANSWER KEY for the printables which is included solely to illustrate the format for answers. ALL ANSWERS WILL VARY WIDELY!
The goal is for students to produce a list of items in a category and then decide which one they would choose to be. Many of the categories have a wide range of acceptable answers, while others may only have a few (depending on the student’s language development, the category, the grade level, etc.). Please see the SAMPLE on the thumbnail.
This product can be used with an entire class, small groups, as a warm-up, early finisher, homework, or in an interactive notebook.
Pages 95-107: There are seven sentence frames per page. I print these pages on card stock and then cut on the dotted lines. You can put them in some type of container or you can punch a hole on the left side of each card and use a ring to hold them together. These sentence frames are perfect for moments when you have one or two minutes of down time. It doesn’t require students to brainstorm a list of items in a given category, but you can do that as part of the discussion if desired.
PLEASE NOTE: While this product is tagged for 1st-4th grade, older students who are working on language development would surely benefit from this product as well.
You may also be interested in these Language Arts products:
TASK CARD PRODUCTS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE PRODUCTS
CHARACTER TRAITS PRODUCTS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.