A quick Oral Communication game for the end of the year
The file comes with...
2 recording posters
26 Category Game Cards
✓ Things that are red
✓ Things that are white
✓ Things that are blue
✓ Things that are black
✓ Things that are brown
✓ Things that are green
✓ Things that are yellow
✓ Animals at the zoo, farm, pets
✓ Things to wear in winter and summer ✓ Things to bring camping
✓ Places in town
✓ School Supplies
✓ At the beach
✓ At the store
✓ Things students say
✓ Things teachers say
✓ Things you eat with your hands
1. Put students in teams. You can divide the class in half (easier for stealing points) or make smaller groups and teams, your choice.
2. Using the game cards call one student from the first team to pick a card.
3. The student will read the category in English and in French.
4. The student who read the card will be the ‘actor.’ They must act out all 6 of the items on the card before time runs out. They may make noises or describe the words only in french. They may not say the word on the card or they won’t be able to get the point.
5. Set a timer for 1 minute. The ‘actors’ team may say the answers as the ‘actor’ acts them out. You may use the game posters for recording the answers as they shout them.
OR you may choose a student from the same team to be the recorder to record correct answers as the team guesses.
6. When you have reached 1 minute, the team must stop answering. if they have all 6 things from the category they get 6 points. 1 point per correct thing. IF THEY DO NOT HAVE ALL THE WORDS IN THE CATEGORY, the other team may STEAL the points - VOLE les points - But they will have had to be paying attention because the actor will not act them out anymore.
Award points accordingly, team at the end of the game with the most points wins.
I have provided blank cards for students or teachers to create their own categories based on units you may concentrate on during the year. It might be good to have students fill them out at the end of units, use them for review and then revisit them at the end of the year for a complete and fun year end review