These hands on, low prep categorizing activities will get your students learning while having fun. The picture activities for 12 different categories are great for differentiated instruction, making your planning easier. Kids love it when they can work at their level yet still do the ‘same’ work as their peers.
1. 8 worksheets for matching categories (from 4 to 6 pairs per page.)
2. Sort pictures by category on the 4 sorting boards as an activity, or cut & glue!
3. Dominoes game- match categories or compare/contrast.
4. 12 puzzles to put together as an activity, or cut and glue!
5. 6 maze worksheets to connect all of the items in the same category.
6. Follow directions with descriptions using the maze worksheets.
7. Color all the items that go together using the maze worksheets.
What are happy buyers saying?
+ Worked great for a center activity
+ This was great for my newcomer! It helps him learn English words quickly and effectively.
+ Thank you for a nice variety of activities. This is perfect for my little ones who are still at the very basic skill level.
+ Easy to use and to keep the kids engaged. Thank you.
* 8 matching worksheets
* 20 pictures for each category
* 12 categories: food, clothes, toys, sports, feelings, animals, transportation, appliances, furniture, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas
* 24 domino tiles to play 3 ways:
Receptively- match the categories
Expressively- name the categories
Compare and contrast- tell how they are alike and different
* 12 puzzles and a cut/glue worksheet to use with them
* 6 category maze puzzle pages with answer keys- 3 ways to use!
* Following directions activities
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day! I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it.
Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like:
• BOOM Cards Picture Categorizing Toys No Prep iPad Activity
• Category Picture Activities for Asking and Answering Questions