Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.71 MB | 40 pages
This resource can be used as a fun activity to practice alphabetical order skills you have previously taught. It also provides practice for reading short and long vowel words. It can be used as a whole-class or small group activity. You must have ActivInspire software for the Promethean board installed on your computer.
What’s included in this resource:
• 4 flipchart lessons:
- Set 1 has 10 slides that have short vowel words in the vc, cvc, ccvc and cvcc formats. They are sorted by the first letter (excluding the letter x).
- Set 2 has 10 slides that have long vowel words in the vcv, vvc, cvv, cvvc, cvcv and ccvcv formats. They are also sorted by the first letter.
- Set 3 has 10 slides that have short vowel words that are sorted by the second letter.
- Set 4 has 10 slides that have long vowel words that are sorted by the second letter.
• An optional PDF worksheet to go along with each lesson.
Children take turns reading the words on the flowers. (See sample 1 above.) A student chooses and moves each word in order to the circles on the caterpillar’s body. (Sample 2) When he/she is finished, click on the caterpillar’s nose to see the correct answers underneath the caterpillar in the grass. (Sample 3)