Use these cute caterpillar cards for rhythm reading, body percussion activities, instrument playing, and student composition. Print them on white cardstock and laminate for durability.
This download includes:
1. Level 1: 15 printable cards and 10 PowerPoint slides with quarter note and eighth note pair patterns
2. Level 2: 28 printable cards and 10 PowerPoint slides with quarter note, quarter rest, and eighth note pair patterns
3. Level 3: 33 printable cards and 10 PowerPoint slides with half note, half rest, quarter note, quarter rest, and eighth note pair patterns
4. Level 4: 8 printable cards and 8 PowerPoint slides with all previous rhythms and dotted half notes, whole notes, and whole rests
5. Level 5: 30 printable cards and 10 PowerPoint slides with sixteenth notes and sixteenth note variations (quarter rest, quarter note, and eighth note pair also)
6. Level 6: 40 printable cards and 10 PowerPoint slides with dotted quarter-eighth patterns, eight-dotted quarter patterns, and syncopated rhythms
7. “Create Your Own”: Word and PowerPoint document with blank caterpillar and copies of each rhythm – you can create your own pattern or print out the blank caterpillar and have students write their own
All cards are structured in 4/4 meter with a double bar line at the end. You may use syllables of your choice, but I’ve included the common Kodaly-based syllables (on the next page) that I use for your convenience. I’ve also included some variations, although others exist.
Visit my blog at www.thesweetestmelodymusic.blogspot.com for more suggested activities and instructions for a caterpillar rhythm craft.