NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY.
Examples of clues:
* I listened meekly, but my whole self shudders at the thought of belonging to the DESPICABLE Shaggy Beard. (ant.)ANSWER: wonderful
* I do not know if the TURMOIL of the liver I am suffering is because of George or because I had two portions of eel pie for supper. (syn.) ANSWER: trouble
* I have been spending EXCESSIVE time curing other people’s ale head... (ant: Not ___) ANSWER: enough
* William Steward grew SMITTEN and made flowery speeches to her... (___-struck; syn.) ANSWER: love
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
Note:The puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY edition of Bookmarks Plus.
Catherine Called Birdy: Synonym/Antonym Crossword--Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY: 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle. (See list below.)
Here are more unique products over CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY
Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY 50-word Prereading Crossword Puzzle—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Catherine Called Birdy edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Catherine Called Birdy synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY Synonym/Antonym Crossword Puzzle—Includes the sentences from the book!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!