"Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut: A Study Guide is ideal for both the individual reader and for reading groups/classes.
This comprehensive study guide aims to support reflective reading, not to replace it. The critical analysis brings together a range of opinion on the text and offers a consistent reading.
1. Teacher's Introduction;
2. Original introduction for teachers/students/readers including: an annotated list of characters, genre, themes, setting, symbols, etc.;
4. Each chapter/section is accompanied by a background notes, a helpful and detailed commentary and guiding questions (32 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. No answers are given (though much of the ground is covered in the commentaries): trust the students to find their answers. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5. Questions are also given without background notes or commentary for student worksheets;
6. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
7. Definitions of key literary terms;
8. Plot graphic organizer for student notes;
9. Annotated Works Cited.