Includes 24 Cause and Effect task cards, helping students develop reasoning, logic, and critical thinking in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Depending on the type of writing students are doing, understanding cause and effect relationships can help develop writing proficiency for opinion, narrative, or informational writing. (W. 1, W.2. and W.3)
This resource also helps students...
- Read to determine key supporting details and ideas (R.2)
- Analyze the structure of texts (R.5)
- Understand and develop the organization of a piece of writing (W.4)
- Use evidence from the text (task card) to support analysis and ideas (W.9)
- Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners (SL.1)
There are many ways you can use these task cards in your classroom:
- teaching or reteaching small groups
- as a warm-up before a writing lesson
- in an interactive reading or writing lesson
- in literacy centers
- tutoring individual students
- as an activity for partner discussion
- as an activity for a sub
- as an pre- or post-assessment
I hope you and your kiddos enjoy this resource!
You may also be interested in these related products:
Point of View Reading and Writing Task Cards
Sequencing Reading and Writing Task Cards
Problem and Solution Reading and Writing Task Cards
Be sure to "follow me" to receive freebies and to be notified of 50% off new products for the first 48 hours!
Visit my blog: One Lucky Teacher
Follow me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram