This project packet includes a prompt, high-interest passage set... and so much more! I use it to guide students through entire process of writing an informative / explanatory text-based essay. A complete resource, it covers everything from analyzing the prompt to revising and peer-editing. Here's what you get with it:
• Sample Essay with guided questions,
• Writing Prompt and Passage Set (3 high-interest articles),
• Graphic organizers for note-taking and essay-planning,
• Reference tools: Cause and effect transition list and text organization guide
• Revision and Peer-editing checklist
• Grading rubric (for easy scoring and feedback)
• Answer keys for prompt analysis and notes
There are 20 pages of material in all in this print-ready resource.
Designed for 6th grade standard ELA classes, this would also be useful for advanced 5th graders or as remediation for older students. Sample prompt, passage set, and writing pages mirror the look of the FSA Writing Assessment (Florida's state assessment), however the LAFS (Language Arts Florida Standards) are virtually identical to Common Core, so this resource would benefit any Common Core classroom.
Be sure to check out my Cause and Effect Powerpoint and interactive lessons as well. Thanks for looking!