I love this book and now here is a mini lesson, hands on activity, and game to go with it! Don't you love when reading is interactive!!!! This mini unit has notes for your students' journals and posters for you. Also, your students will enjoy a matching activity. Your learners can glue these cards into their journals. Or, you have them cut and match to make it hands on and cooperative. And who doesn't love playing game? Your students must play cooperatively to beat the alligator.
Here's How to Play:
1. Grab two counters (or blocks, pennies, etc.).
2. Roll the number cube and move that many spaces.
3. Pick a card and tell whether the underlined part of the sentence is cause or effect.
4. Look at the answer key, if you have it correct, your team gets to stay on the square. If not, move back however many spaces you just rolled.
5. Roll for the alligator. He gets to move that many squares. Yes, he has to do whatever the square says, but no, he doesn’t have to answer questions.
6. If he beats you to the End, he wins and you get chomped! If you get to the end, first you win!
What's Included in this mini unit?
Page 1- Cover
Pages 2- 3 Cause and Effect Posters
Pages 4-5 Fill in the Blanks Notes and Answer Key
Pages 6-11 Matching Cause to Effect Cards, Recording Sheet, and Answer Key
Pages 12-20 Alligator Attack Game, Cards, and Answer Key
Page 21- Credits