Cause and Effect Nonfiction Activity: Read Those Labels
Aligned with the Common Core State Standards
This zipped bundle includes a PDF file including an original nonfiction article about product warning labels and frivolous lawsuits, comprehension questions for cause and effect, teacher's answer key, and a 20-slide presentation in editable PowerPoint format so you may customize it for your class. It also includes a link to a video for an optional supplement.
Students will be required to find evidence from the text to support their answers.
• Students will read nonfiction passages closely.
• Students will analyze the ideas and identify the supporting evidence.
• Students will determine cause and effect based on text evidence.
• Students will search for their own examples by reading multiple labels, searching for frivolous warnings.
Created and copyrighted by Tracee Orman
You might like these activities and resources:
• Compare and Contrast Nonfiction Texts
• Informative/Explanatory Writing: Summarizing a Text
• Close Reading Questions: Nonfiction Article Review Handouts
Common Core Graphic Organizers:
• Common Core Bundle for Grades 6, 7, 8
• Common Core Bundle for Grades 9-12
• Common Core Standards Reading Literature & Nonfiction/Informational Graphic Organizers Bundle for Grades 6-12
Find additional writing resources by clicking here.
Find additional reading resources by clicking here.