Students understand cause and effect through practicing writing their own cause and effects and identifying each part.
1. Students use their pencil and a paperclip to spin the Noun spinner.
2. Students record which noun they landed on in the first column.
3. Students spin on the Cause/Effect spinner.
4. Students record which word they landed on in the cause/effect column.
5. Students write a sentence in the last column that has their noun in the correct part of the sentence based off of what they spun.
6. Students underline whatever they landed on (cause or effect) in their sentence.
7. Repeat until all rows are filled in.
**Students can use the same noun twice-once on cause, once on effect. If they spin it a third time, they need to re-spin. **
In the zip file there is a PDF version and the word document in case you want to make any changes.
If you like this game, click here
for a bundle of 7 spinner games for only $3. Includes adjectives, author's purpose, verb tenses, fact and opinion, possessive and plural, and show, don't tell.