Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$57.48$77.48Save $20.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$24.86$30.86Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$372.93Save $100.00
Use these 24 cards (or Google Slides) to help your students identify cause and effect relationships in the text. Each card features a short passage and asks students to identify both a cause and an effect from the text.
Great for test prep or as extra practice for your text structures lesson. You could use them orally with small groups and have students discuss the answers. They could also be used individually with students answering on notebook paper or on provided answer sheets. Students can check their work using the included answer keys. Also includes blackline versions of the cards for printing on colored paper!
Google Slides Added August 2020 - Please see Preview for images.
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 24 Task Cards: Color
- 24 Task Cards: Black Line
- 24 Google Slides with Text Boxes
- Challenge Card and Cover Card
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Key
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ Used these for an observed lesson as stations around the room! My kids loved them and my principal really liked the movement we were doing and how engaged all the students were!! Thank you!!! -Morgan L.
♥ These task cards are incredible! These are especially useful when we do centers, my students love them! All of your task cards cover all the major areas my students struggle with the most. Thank you! -Rebecca C.
♥ I LOVE using your task cards with my third graders! They keep my kiddos engaged and on task! I love using them at my independent center during reading centers. Thanks so much! Quality materials!!! -Emily C.
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
For a different approach to cause and effect, check out the Generating Cause and Effect Task Card Set.
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom