Cause and Effect Task Cards with Graphic Organizers Digital and Audio Support
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tasPrice $64.03Original Price $80.14Save $16.11
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- These eight sets of reading strategies task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers.Each card features a short, curriculum-based, and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There arPrice $26.82Original Price $33.52Save $6.70
- 6 Sets of Task Cards for Text Structures - Fictional and Informational PassagesCause and EffectCompare and ContrastSequencingProblem and Solution DescriptionIdentifying Text StructuresText Structures Anchor Charts / PostersClick the preview button to see the resources in greater detail.What's IncludPrice $17.54Original Price $21.92Save $4.38
- 8483909Teach identifying cause and effect in both English and Spanish with this bilingual task card bundle! The task card sets are identical to each other and are great for ESL students, bilingual schools, and extra enrichment!You can be sure that the Spanish Task Cards are grammatically and culturaPrice $4.49Original Price $6.98Save $2.49
- Teach reading strategies in both English and Spanish with this bilingual task card bundle! The task card sets are identical to each other and are great for ESL students, bilingual schools, and extra enrichment!You can be sure that the Spanish Task Cards are grammatically and culturally correct as thPrice $27.28Original Price $54.20Save $26.92
These cause and effect task cards are perfect for teaching this complex skill! Cause and effect graphic organizers, audio support, and recording sheet options are great for differentiation!
- 24 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- 2 Posters, Anchor Charts
- 2 Cause and Effect Graphic Organizers
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- 3 Challenge Cards to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
- Anchor Charts
- Graphic Organizers
Great for 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Compare and Contrast Task Cards
- Problem and Solution Task Cards
- Sequencing Task Cards
- Description Task Cards
- Informational Text Structures Task Cards
This resource is also included in the following bundles:
This resource uses American English and is editable.
There are several Cause and Effect activities you can do with this resource. They are great for test prep or as extra practice for your text structures lesson. You could use them orally with small groups and have students discuss the answers. They could also be used individually with students answering on notebook paper or on provided answer sheets. Students can check their work using the included answer keys. Also includes blackline versions of the cards for printing on colored paper!
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "Used these for an observed lesson as stations around the room! My kids loved them and my principal really liked the movement we were doing and how engaged all the students were!! Thank you!!!" -Morgan L.
✏️ "These task cards are incredible! These are especially useful when we do centers, my students love them! All of your task cards cover all the major areas my students struggle with the most. Thank you!" -Rebecca C.
✏️ "I LOVE using your task cards with my third graders! They keep my kiddos engaged and on task! I love using them at my independent center during reading centers. Thanks so much! Quality materials!!!" -Emily C.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.3 - Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.8 - Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.4.5 - Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.5 - Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom