PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
With this set of Cause and Effect Task Cards students learn to really understand the text structure of cause and effect. There are thirty large cards for plenty of practice with a variety of cause and effect situations.
The cause and effect situations included are:
- One cause with one effect
- One cause with multiple effects
- Multiple causes with one effect
- A sequence of causes and effects
The activities include:
- Identifying the causes and effects in a short passage
- Using cause and effect key words
- Using cause and effect graphic organizers
- Inferring causes and effects from a picture
- Noting causes and effects in everyday situations
- Making a flip chart
- Illustrating causes and effects
- Writing a paragraph using the cause and effect text structure
These cards support Common Core standards for informational text and literature regarding text structures and citing details from the text. With the variety of activities, they should work well with kids at a range of ability and skill levels.
For more reading task cards, including sets for each story element, see: Task Cards.
From Classroom in the Middle