- This Reading Bundle comes in both print and digital formats and contains 9 essential reading units for 3rd graders which will help your students increase their reading comprehension. The bundle includes engaging passages, graphic organizers, activities, and lots of task cards that target key reading$79.50$45.00Save $34.50
- Product Description
This Cause and Effect Using Informational Text Unit for 3rd graders comes in both print and digital (for Google Classroom and other top educational platforms) and includes two sets of task cards. 6 passages (two each: Historical, Scientific, and Technical), posters, and 10 graphic organizers. The unit is specifically designed to target cause and effect in a way your kids will enjoy and uses topics that will capture their interest.
It includes: (Print and Digital)
2 Sets of Task Cards with 32 per set
Picture Task Cards
Animal Task Cards
10 Graphic Organizers
Cause and Effect Clue Words Handout
6 Double-Sided Passages for each type of text
1. The Liberty Bell
1. Coral Reefs
2. The Platypus
1. How to Make a Smoothie
2. Weave on a Loom
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
Why you'll love this resource:
- There are a variety of formats included from passages, to task cards, posters, and more!
- The unit comes in both print and digital, making it perfect for the classroom, for homeschool, and distance learning.
- The materials are all engaging and fun!
- All of the materials are easy to prep for the busy teacher!
- There are TWO SETS of task cards! One set has animals and a cause and effect statement and the other has actual pictures like burnt cookies, broken glasses, or flat tires.
- The passages are high interest and cover historical, scientific, and technical text!
- The unit may be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reader's workshop, independent work, literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole class games, test prep, and more!!!
Need a 4th/5th grade version? The task cards, posters, and graphic organizers are the same but the passages are geared to 4th/5th grade:
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 3rd grade!
If you're looking for more Cause and Effect practice, here are a few resources you might like. They may be used for centers, whole class, test prep, or for one on one:
Cause and Effect Reading Game (for 3rd grade)
Cause and Effect Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Famous American Cause and Effect Task Cards (for 3rd - 5th grades)
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may not be placed on the internet (except in a password-protected website for students, like Google Classroom™), on a school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.