This download is designed to focus on cause and effect relationships and then add in inferences with expository tests.
Students will be able to identify the cause and effect relationships. They will also be able to infer using expository texts.
The download includes each page designed in color and black and white.
1. Cause and Effect anchor poster (English and Spanish)
2. Cause and Effect Flipbook (English and Spanish)
3. Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer (English and Spanish)
Designed to be used with any test. Explains that the Cause is "why did it happen" using the vocabulary (so). The Effect is "what happened" using the vocabulary (because).
4. Cause and Effect practice page. Students will cut and glue to identify the causes and effects. Is designed to be used with the story "Scarcity".
5. Cause and Effect practice:
"What is the Cause?" : Identify the Cause when the Effect is given.
"What is the Effect?" : Identify the Effect when the Cause is given.
6. Inferences Anchor Chart:
Background Knowledge + Text Clues = Inference
7. What Do You Infer?
-Blank copy that can be used with any text
-Infer about a hen laying an egg, a baby chick, and the life cycle of a chick to adult.
This download is designed around the common core
TEK Figure 19D for second grade but can be used with any grade.
-Make inferences about text using textual evidence to support understanding.