This Cause and Effect Package
is a bundle of two resources for teaching the text structure of cause and effect - the set of Cause and Effects Task Cards
, and the Cause and Effects Slide Presentation.
Both resources address these cause and effect situations:
- one cause with one effect
- multiple causes with one effect
- one cause with multiple effects
- a sequence of causes and effects
The PowerPoint includes lots of practice slides with graphic organizers that demonstrate and allow students to practice with each cause and effect situation. Passages are presented first with a blank graphic organizer for students' practice, and then with a completed example on a separate slide. This would work great an an introduction (or review) of the topic, or as a whole-class practice activity.
Included with the slide presentation is a fill-in notebook page that can be printed out in advance for students to complete as they view the slides. A completed page is also provided for students who might need that.
The set of thirty large task cards consists of a variety of practice activities that includes:
- Identifying the causes and effects in a short passage
- Using cause and effect key words
- Using cause and effect graphic organizers
- Inferring causes and effects from a picture
- Noting causes and effects in everyday situations
- Making a flip chart
- Illustrating causes and effects
- Writing a paragraph using the cause and effect text structure
These two resources support Common Core standards for informational text and literature regarding text structures and citing details from the text. With the variety of activities, they should work well with kids at a range of ability and skill levels.
For more packages of activities for practicing reading or writing skills, see the BUNDLES
category of this store.
From Classroom in the Middle