I used different ability levels and the Multiple Intelligence Theory to differentiate instruction for the Causes of WWI.
*Lesson Plan with notes
* 3 Ability Levels of Vocabulary Sheets
* 2 Ability Levels of a Graphic Organizer with Key
* Basic Ability Level notes sheets for both ability levels of the notes
* Enriched Ability Level Note Sheets for either ability level of the notes
* Activity Choice Sheet
* Puppet Show Activity with Rubric
* Cause and Effect Activity with Rubric
* Eulogy Activity with Rubric
* Paragraph Writing Assignment with Grading Checklist
This lesson goes along with the Causes of WWI PowerPoint that must be purchased separately. The notes are included in the lesson plan but the PowerPoint is done very well and includes pictures, links and ideas about how to increase repetition and engage students during the mini-lesson. It can be found here: Causes of WWI PowerPoint
It covers the long term causes of WWI and the short term or immediate cause for WWI. Militarism, Nationalism, Imperialism, Alliances, Assassination, and Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand.It has two links for music to access background knowledge of students and use the musical learning style.
This was last revised on 11/20/2013. All links worked on that day. I cannot guarantee links because I do not control the internet.
I have also put together a lesson plan and PowerPoint BUNDLE that will save you money ($2.01!) if you want both items. You can find it by following this link:Causes of WWI Lesson Plan & PowerPoint BUNDLE
Causes of WWI Differentiated Instruction Lesson
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com