This was created for an International Baccalaureate class on World War I. It can be scaled down if needed. The power point is color coded to alert students to the text to be written. These are editable WORD and POWER POINT documents
The Power Point Covers:
- The differing schools on causes of war in general such as the Realists, Conservatives theorists and Constructivists.
- Briefly touches on types of wars such as limited, guerrilla, attrition and total
- Long Term causes of WWI (Militarism, Alliances, Imperialism, Nationalism)
- Short Term Causes (The Moroccan Crises, Bosnian Crisis, Balkan Wars, Assassination of Arch Duke)
- Immediate cause of The July Crisis
- A writing assignment graphic organizer to assist the student in completing the task of sorting the short,long and immediate term causes into three categories of Revenge, Economic Motives & Balkan Nationalism.
The Guided Notes have a side bar that provides added details and also level 2,3 and 4 Depth of Knowledge questions to be answered as the student progresses through the Power Point.