Causes of the Civil War | Civil War Map and Timeline DIGITAL and PRINTABLE
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Social Studies Class will be your students' favorite time of the day with this popular, engaging bundle of activities, including foldables, timelines, mini books, bulletin boards, and more! The hands-on units in this bundle will help your students learn and understand the events and concepts of AmerPrice $59.95Original Price $79.00Save $19.05
Students are fully engaged in learning about the causes of the Civil War with this interactive packet. The hands-on approach of this resource, including a timeline, foldables, map activity, bulletin board, and more, will help your students learn and understand the cause and effect relationships of events in this period of history!
Click the PREVIEW above to see this resource in greater detail!
Click here and SAVE 20% by buying ALL 15 Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units in one Year-Long Bundle.
This resource includes both a printable version AND a digital version. The digital version is on Google Slides and is perfect for distance learning, independent work, centers, and more!
This high-interest, engaging packet has 5 components:
- Create a Timeline: Students construct a timeline of the major events leading to the Civil War using the printable timeline boxes.
- Interactive Notebook Foldables: Printable foldables for each of the major events can be used for student note-taking and learning the chronology of the events.
- Map It Out: This foldable activity helps students better understand the geography of some of the major events in this time frame. Perfect for adding to interactive notebooks.
- Information Guide: This printable is helpful for student note-taking and for use throughout the unit.
- Bulletin Board Timeline Display: Use these for a bulletin board or classroom activity to identify the chronology of the events leading to the war.
The packet also includes a teacher-direction sheet with photo examples of the projects in use in the classroom. It is very clear and easy-to-use; basically just print and go!
The following events are addressed in this packet:
Nat Turner's Rebellion
Compromise of 1850
Uncle Tom's Cabin
Dred Scott Decision
John Brown's Raid
Abraham Lincoln's Election
Battle of Fort Sumter
Click HERE to see the companion unit: Events During The Civil War
You can find each of the individual Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units here:
Maps, Continents, and Landforms
Colonial America - Jobs and Trades
The Civil War - Events Leading to the War
Elections and the Voting Process
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!