This film guide is the perfect resource to use after teaching a unit about los desaparecidos. This film study could take you a week or more depending upon how many activities you decide to use! It is a wonderful AP resource as we have included Essential Questions, Can Do Statements, a Cultural Comparison to explore with your students as well as a Persuasive Essay prompt. I enjoy using this after first teaching about the desaparecidos with a resource such as the TPRS novel "La Guerra Sucia" by Nathaniel Kirby.
Students will be engaged as they learn about Cristina Quadri's illegal adoption during Videla's dictatorship in Argentina and it's aftermath. Uncover Cristina's journey as she discovers her true identity using over 50 pages of resources.
Visit our blog for these free resources for this film: film.https://discoveringci.wordpress.com/2017/06/10/making-connections/
The following activities are included in this packet:
1. Graphic organizer of characters
2. PQA (Personalized Question & Answer) before beginning film.
3. Comprehensible reading of the film broken down into three parts with comprehension questions and Quizlet of characters and vocabulary: Personajes
4. Social Media activity
5. Poem activity with Salad Bowl and Collaborative Poem
6. Cristina-Sofia Timeline activity
7. Movie retell activities (3)
8. Hula Hoop Venn Diagram with input & Venn Diagram activity with output
9. Speed Debating or Chat Station Activity/ Possible Assessment
10. 2 games: Grítalo and Vocabulary activity
11. A reading and activity about los centros de detención
12. Diary writing assessment
13. Debate activity
13. Pre AP Cultural Comparison and Persuasive Essay assessments.
Arianne and Zaida, CCC Spanish
-This are other resources we created that pairs beautifully with Cautiva!!