These activities are based on the short story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" by Mark Twain.
There are so many activities in this lesson, including:
* comprehension/discussion and vocabulary questions for the students to discuss as a class, in a literature circle, or individually to answer
* a graphic organizer for the elements of literature
* a worksheet students can fill out while they watch the movie
* pre- and post-reading activities
* a bubble map for details
* a mini-lesson about internal and external conflict
* a story cube that can be used as a fun and quick way to review the elements of literature
* an activity about interpreting dialect
* a webquest that includes a follow-up writing assignment
* a tall tale writing assignment
If you see short stories in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at email@example.com and I can build a packet of 5 stories for $10 to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our blog about school improvement strategies!
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License