Prep for this activity during the first weeks of school, then celebrate each student as their birthday passes!
This activity can be used in ANY language - instructions are in English and there is space to write your language's translations.
-students learn how to say Happy Birthday, to, from
-students sing the songs in the other languages
-students try candies from the other cultures
-you create a positive class environment with rituals
-students get to be creative when making the cards
-you don't have to buy candy (Ideally students donate it for extra credit)
-teacher instructions and suggestions
• one half sheet of cardstock per student, preferably bright colors (cut an 8.5x11" sheet so it's 8.5x5.5")
• birthday songs in the language of study, with lyrics
• instruction sheet for students
• a calendar to write all the students' birthdays on
• box of small sandwich bags (1 bag per student)
• sombrero or other birthday hat (optional)