To celebrate Canada turning 150, I wanted to create an engaging project for my students that would incorporate the Social Studies curriculum. This museum box project is going to be perfect for my students and hopefully yours too! When done, students will have a series of six pages (or shoeboxes if you choose that adaptation). Each page or shoebox will include an image, word, event, person or symbol (or multiple of each, if you so choose) that BEST represents that region of Canada.
- Teacher explanation and instructions with adaptations
- Multiple brainstorming pages to fit students needs (brainstorming pages are more or less structured depending on how much organizational support your students need)
- Museum box pages for student good copies
- Writing pages for students to explain their thinking and reasoning behind their choices
- Two different rubrics with clear expectations of what is expected by students