Provide your students with an opportunity to research and write about celebrations and events around the Spanish speaking world using a 5-part form letter with sentence starters. The introductory letter-writing provides practice that can include or be independent of the research and presentations. The letter format also has an emphasis on the use of transitional expressions and connectors for better flow and rhythm of written expression for Spanish 2 and above.
What is included:
• Essay writing word bank of expressions (present tense)
• Essay writing word bank of expressions (past tense)
• Essay writing outline and word bank of expressions (in Spanish only)
• Essay writing outline and word bank of expressions (Bilingual)
• Step by step instructions for essay writing
• Step by step instructions for research and presentation
• Presentation outline script
• Unusual customs and celebrations list from Spanish speaking countries around the world (62 events).
• Scoring rubrics for essay writing and presentations
• Daily lesson suggestions with variations for accelerated and advanced learners (one week)
The writing activity and word bank integrate multiple topics such as Celebrations and Foods, People, Regional Features and descriptions of the sights and sounds of celebrations and events from a variety of countries. The written activities provide excellent review and practice as well as an end of the unit writing test for any language level. The activity can be modified for teacher-guided individual, group or whole class activities.
The teacher can modify the format letter in order to practice the following skills:
-Adding detail and telling “why”
-Informal or Formal
-Present or Past tense
The "Celebrations Research and Letter” writing and presentation activities may be purchased individually to support your current curriculum. If you would like additional resources for your Calender and Celebration unit, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Enrich your current curriculum units and put valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Calendar and Seasons Bilingual Vocabulary
Calendar Date Format Practice
Seasonal Celebrations and Events Sets 1-3 Bundle