Christmas Celebrations Around the World includes 85 pages (including black and white for your printing preferences) of a multitude of activities and worksheets to keep those kiddos busy and learning during this busy season! If followed, this will give you about 2 weeks of lessons!
Students will learn about different traditions and customs of each country without becoming overwhelmed with information.
This product is ink-friendly, giving an option for center activities to be printed in black and white or color. There are written directions as well as photo step-by-step instructions.
The lessons, worksheets, center activities, etc. are all built around an informational book with 8 countries represented.
Those countries are: Mexico, France, Italy, South Africa, India, Pakistan, China and Israel
Included in this packet:
• Lesson plans for each country which consist of Before, During and After reading strategies
• Student book for writing facts, coloring each country’s flag and traditional dress
• Venn Diagrams for comparing the country you review from the day before to the new country being introduced
• Original song written by Susan Paul to assist in teaching about differences
• Finger puppets for students to make
Templates for making a class book for your classroom library
• Sight Word game for a center which focuses on words from the 1st and 2nd grade Dolch list (I chose words that my students always seem to struggle with)
• Worksheets that cover plurals, ABC order, letter sounds, handwriting practice, reading for information and syllables
• Interactive worksheets for Fact and Opinions and writing facts
• Center activity- Match the Country to the Flag
BONUS: There is a sheet to teach how to say Merry Christmas in each of the languages!
Common Core Objectives Covered:
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.6
Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.in a text.
Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
Use words and phrases acquired through conversations, reading and being read to, and responding to texts, including using frequently occurring conjunctions to signal simple relationships (e.g., because).
Identify real-life connections between words and their use
Form and use frequently occurring irregular plural nouns
Recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
Thank-you for purchasing this product. I hope your students
enjoy it as much as mine do!
Please follow our store for updates and posting
of new products. Don't forget to leave feedback so you will earn TpT points to use towards future purchases!
Also visit our blog for freebies and FUN classroom activities and ideas! http://thefunfactory12.blogspot.com/ OR follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thefunfactory12?ref=hl
This is for your personal classroom use only. You have permission to copy for your students only. You are welcome to purchase additional licenses at 50% off if you want to share with other teachers on your team.
This may not be put on the internet, sold, or redistributed in any form. You may not make any modifications of this product to sell in any way. You MAY provide links to this document linking it to its original source. Thank you for abiding by this copyright and the time we have invested in making this product for our classes and to help other teachers.
If you have any questions at all, please email us at: