Celebrations, Festivals and Rites of Passage – Chat pack is a teaching activity that supports students activate prior knowledge; develop connections; extend, inquire into and reflect on the topic of identity, belief systems and how they are expressed and developed through different celebrations, festivals and rites of passage. The resource is based Tony Ryan’s thinker’s keys that encourage students to use both critical and creative thinking.
Chat packs are designed to be a pressure free opportunity for students to develop speaking, listening and recording skills while sharing their current ideas and knowledge of a given topic.
Included in the resource:
• Explanation of chat packs
• Example cards
• Key to the thinking keys- Based on Tony Ryan’s’ Keys
• 3 critical thinking cards
• 5 creative thinking cards
• 7 critical and creative thinking combination cards