Provide an opportunity for your students to demonstrate verbs and vocabulary that they have learned after they have a foundation of calendar and date topic vocabulary, present tense verbs and basic descriptor vocabulary. Students will write a personalized account of how their own family and friends celebrate several events using memorized and familiar vocabulary.
This writing activity and word bank integrate multiple topics such as Seasons and Dates, Celebrations and Foods. Using the present tense activity, students will need to use conjugated present tense verbs and/or infinitives and demonstrate the ability to use several adjectives of description in their writing. The second year or above essay activity uses a similar word bank however, students will write using the past tense. Both activities provide an excellent review of integrated thematic topics and make a dynamic tool for practice as well as an end of the unit writing test for any language level. The activity can be modified for teacher-guided individual, group or whole class activities.
What is included:
• Celebration or special event activity topic with instructions (Spanish 1 and 2 language learner level)
• Suggestions for adaptation for advanced and accelerated students (novice to advanced level)
• Two word bank of events and terminology (24 words), includes lines for writing (each word bank is modified for use with first or second year or advanced levels)
• Communicative Tasks by level (1, 2, 3 and above)
• Several scoring rubric samples for evaluation and testing (first year through advanced)
Suggestions for use:
√ Use for writing practice or as a test.
√ Use as a supplement for the textbook curriculum.
Family Celebrations Essay Writing worksheet may be purchased individually to support your current curriculum. If you would like additional resources for your Calender and Celebration unit, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Enrich your current curriculum units and put valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Calendar and Seasons Bilingual Vocabulary
Calendar Date Format Practice
Seasonal Celebrations and Events Sets 1-3 Bundle
Spanish 2 Celebrations and Travel Essay Writing Practice