Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on Cell Division includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources include an 83-slide PowerPoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs and images, teacher notes, printable and digital student note$40.99$52.72Save $11.73
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$535.00$961.40Save $426.40
This set of 73 enrichment, reinforcement, and review task cards for your lessons on cell division will ensure that your students have mastered the concepts of mitosis and meiosis. Both printable and digital versions are included. Questions cover the limits to cell growth, the stages of the cell cycle, the phases of both mitosis and meiosis, chromosome number in gametes, differences between sexual and asexual reproduction, and much more. See detailed list of topics and concepts below.
Both printable and digital versions of this resource are included. The student handouts and task cards can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
What is included in this resource?
- A set of 73 FULL COLOR, printable, and editable task cards.
- A set of 73 LOW INK, printable, and editable task cards.
- 1 printable Full Color diagram used to complete select task cards.
- Paperless digital version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- Teacher Guide containing tips, directions, and suggestions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- A teacher answer key PowerPoint that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 73 task cards on Cell Division covers the following concepts and topics:
- Limits to Cell Growth: Reasons why cells divide, surface area to volume ratio in cells. Students will calculate the surface area to volume ratio in cells and determine which cells are more efficient in moving materials across the cell membrane.
- Introduction to Cell Division: Definition, mother cells, daughter cells, replication, number of chromosomes in cells, mitosis, cytokinesis, chromatids, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- The Cell Cycle: Definition, five phases of the cell cycle, G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase, Mitosis, and Cytokinesis.
- Preparations for Cell Division: The events that occur during Interphase (G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase). Students will label structures of a cell that is in interphase.
- The Stages of Mitosis: Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, and cytokinesis. Students will label structures of cells in each phase. The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- Special structures involved in cell division: Centrioles, mitotic spindle, microtubules, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- Cytokinesis in Plant and Animal Cells: Definition, cleavage furrow, and cell plate.
- The Importance and Result of Mitosis in Cells
- Regulation of the Cell Cycle
- Differences between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Sexual and Asexual Reproduction.
- Cell Division and Chromosome Number: Homologous chromosomes, diploid, haploid, chromosome number in gametes.
- Phases of Meiosis
- The Importance and Result of Meiosis in Cells
- Crossing Over During Meiosis: Definition, tetrads, exchange of genetic information, variation in the offspring.
- Comparison of the events of Mitosis and Meiosis
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: