Students will model the processes of diffusion, facilitated diffusion, osmosis, active transport, sodium/potassium pump, tonicity, and bulk transport with manipulative pieces and a corresponding handout/guided notes set. Students will actually move the manipulatives across the membrane according to scenario prompts for each type of transport in order to visualize the processes. The corresponding handout allows students to record their modeling process and discuss key points together. It works well in small groups, as guided notes, or as individual work. Printing pieces on different colored papers is recommended and laminating preserves your hard work!.
- Editable & PDF version of introductory guided nots
- Editable & PDF version of manipulative directions
- Individual manipulatives set
- Group/Table set of manipulatices
- Teacher key
This is a partially editable product with an answer key included. Pick and choose the components that work best for your students' needs!
More cell products are coming soon! Items in store are listed here
Organelle Comparison Chart
Cell Theory Timeline Card Sort
Customer Tips:How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store!
Fonts & Graphics From
A Perfect Blend
Let me know how it goes!
Copyright 2017 The Biology Blend | Morgan Mee
For single license only, not to be edited or shared online.